Today I baked some delicious Chocolate Shortbread with Minty Ganache Filling and they turned out really really tasty. At least for those who are fans of the mint/chocolate combination. Which I seriously am. It’s really one of my favorite flavour unions.
It all started when I had my first After Eight as a small child. And the fact they come individually wrapped in those tiny black glassine envelopes makes them that much more appealing to me (lover of any sort of packaging!).
Continue reading for recipe…
Recipe: Chocolate Shortbread with Minty Ganache Filling
2 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
Chocolate Mint Ganache:
170 grams chocolate
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon mint extract
1. Sift dry ingredients together in bowl.
2. In mixer cream butter and sugar until smooth. Add vanilla.
3. Add dry ingredients to butter mixture.
4. Divide dough in half and form each half into long log (about 10cm long). Wrap in parchment paper and twist ends (now you can also form the wrapped logs into a rectangular shape).
5. Put in fridge for 2 hours (or overnight).
6. Remove from fridge and cut thin slices (about 1 cm). Bake for 15-20 minutes in 160 degree C (325 degrees F) oven.
7. To make ganache put cream in saucepan and bring to a boil. Put the finely chopped chocolate in bowl and pour boiling cream on top. Let stand a few minutes. Add mint extract and stir until smooth. Let cool about half and hour.
Enjoy! Recipe found here on Joy of Baking website.
Again another use for my suitcase full of origami paper!