And another folkabilly apron has been made! As some of you may remember, last year I received a stack of vintage apron patterns from my grandmother and I have a goal to slowly make them all. This is the third pattern I’ve tried (others are here and here). These patterns are relatively easy to follow and have the bonus of having all the pattern pieces pre-cut (amazing how much time that saves!).
This is a really pretty half-apron that is actually really flattering when on. My sewing group and I decided to sew the red version seen on the pattern envelope below.
I used some cotton fabric my mother had brought me in the fall and the floral/stripe combination ended up matching beautifully.
If I had had more rickrack on hand I would have included at least two more rows of it. You can never have too much rickrack on a vintage apron my friends.