Internet Inspiration

1 Oct

Since I haven’t been able to do much of anything blog-related lately I thought I’d share some favourite projects, links and videos I’ve been enjoying on the internets lately:

joelix-our-home-screen-1

Ever wonder what it would be like to buy an old factory in France and renovate it into an amazing designer house?  My friend Judith from the blog Joelix did just that and is letting us all take a virtual visit throughout.  So beautiful.

Another talented friend of mine Jennifer from the blog Classic Play just released her new PBS video series called Adventures in Learning.  These short videos are a full family project with her and her kids starring in them and her husband filming and producing them.  They are great fun to watch as a family and have the added bonus that they are educational!  Above is the video on stargazing and learning about the constellations.  Click here for the second video where they visit the local farmer’s market:

530c35ec312b8a19f9638ded0f7af66a

Here’s a great board to follow for all you Pinners out there.  The Mamas….Making Pinterest board is full of the most amazing and creative ideas for families of every kind.  Everything from kid’s art projects to family friendly recipes to sewing projects just for Mom.  And I’m proud to be part of it.

6a01156fdc946b970b019aff9f79ca970c-800wiI cam across this gorgeous purse made by Jane from the blog Buzzmills. It was one of her Selfish Sewing Week projects and I absolutely love her choice of fabrics, designs and colours. The pattern is the 241 Tote from Noodlehead.  I’ll be buying it to make with my weekly sewing group (and I have the perfect Japanese Echino fabrics to use!).

Some days you just need something silly to put a smile on your face.  This did it for me.   And it’s possible I even headed out to my chicken coop with my old fashioned ghetto-blaster and re-enacted the whole thing.

8 Responses to “Internet Inspiration”

1. Judith October 1, 2013 at 23:39 #

Ohhh thanks Jill for including me in this cool line up! I really loved Jennifer’s family video about star gazing. Simple pleasures like these are the best. I hope you are well! And now I’m off to watch that chicken 😀

2. joelix October 1, 2013 at 23:41 #

Hahaha that video is hilarious! I hope you’ll try it with yours 😉

• Jillian In Italy October 2, 2013 at 10:17 #

It’s so hilarious! I can’t stop watching it. And yes, my chickens have definitely been made to dance by a few members of this household the last few days…

3. grammao October 2, 2013 at 01:37 #

Gave me a real “chicken chuckle” today. Thanks

4. Jane October 2, 2013 at 15:10 #

HAHAHAHA!!! Funny funny chicken!! Thanks so much for featuring my bag! 🙂 Enjoy your bag making! would love to see it when it’s done! Have a great…off share the chicken with my mom now, she’ll love it!

• Jillian In Italy October 4, 2013 at 13:31 #

I’m seriously in love with that bag you made! I just purchased the pattern this morning so hopefully I’ll find some time to make it soon!

5. giova brusa October 4, 2013 at 19:31 #

OMG that chicken add is way funny, my sister is going to love it!
    I pinned that same bag and thought of you, or did I pin it from you?
    well i thought it was really nice!
    have a wonderful weekend, and film those chickens dancing will ya?

6. anya jensen (@anyaadores) November 2, 2013 at 15:36 #

Omgosh the chickens had me at ‘upside down you turn me’ – hilarious. Happy weekend Jillian, Axx