Friday

22 Feb

It’s Friday folks.  And I couldn’t be happier about it.   Getting into the early morning school routine is always so difficult after a vacation.  And the snowy weather the last few days really made me want to cocoon at home with the kids in front of the fire.

1-IMG_6616

During the snowstorm yesterday I made these Oatmeal Raspberry Squares (raspberry variation of these from The Pioneer Woman).  They are just so amazingly delicious.  And I realize I say that about every recipe I post about on this blog but I just have a talent for finding and trying out recipes that are delectable. Might help that the majority involve large quantities of brown sugar and butter.

These squares are so quick and simple to whip up.  In less than 10 minutes prep time they were in the oven baking.  And I just want to boast about the fact that I didn’t even try one tiny little piece of these bars when I made them yesterday.  My no-sugar-during-the-week rule is still on (5 months) and even though it took every ounce of self-control my body had to offer I made it until today to have a taste (past noon on Friday is considered week-end to me).  Yesterday evening I watched my family devour them and ooh and aah about how yummy they were and I sat there, with my jaw tightly clenched, and resisted the urge to shove my face in the pan and polish off the entire thing.  Round of applause please.

1-IMG_5756

Another little piece of news is that my Embroidery With Kids craft is on Disney’s Spoonful blog at the moment.  Exciting stuff.

Indian Butter Chicken Meatballs

I also wanted to share the link for this recipe for Indian Butter Chicken Meatballs.  I made it for the family this week and and it was a huge hit,  So much flavour and simple to make up beforehand.  My kids all said it was one of their favorite meals (ALL of them…it’s a miracle).

Besides going to an Irish Dance Show on Saturday evening, we have a very relaxing and low-key week-end planned.  Lots of walks in the woods, pancakes and some puppy-sitting for friends.  Hope you all have a lovely week-end!

10 Responses to “Friday”

1. Sheri Silver February 22, 2013 at 14:49 #

OMG. Making these March 1st (sugar-free will be over and GF will have to wait a day…)

• Jillian in Italy February 22, 2013 at 15:36 #

Hey..that’s already next week! So not long to wait. Best of luck!

2. Andrea Moreno February 22, 2013 at 14:50 #

Congratulations on resisting until the weekend to try out the raspberry squares! Incredible! I couldn’t have! 😉 I definitelly will try out both recipes, thanks for sharing!

• Jillian in Italy February 22, 2013 at 15:34 #

I’ll admit that at 12:01 today I was stuffing my face with those squares. It wasn’t a pretty site.

3. Elena February 22, 2013 at 15:01 #

Oh, these look great, I’m gonna make them for sure 🙂 The kids will be happy!
    Hope you had a wonderful time in Morocco 😉
    Big hug 🙂

• Jillian in Italy February 22, 2013 at 15:33 #

Hi Elena! I was thinking about you today actually! I came across some photos of us at Brandenburg Gate last May. Are you going again this year? Hope so! I’d love to catch up.

4. greta February 22, 2013 at 16:01 #

Can’t wait to try those bars!
    Also, congratulations on the Disney blog!
    That is so great–and very well deserved.
    Lastly, the meatballs sound amazing.
    I’ve been searching for a good chicken meatball recipe.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Love from,
    Greta

• Jillian in Italy February 24, 2013 at 11:22 #

Hi Greta! Hope all is well in California. You must be enjoying some nice weather at the moment. Hope you like the recipes (and your 4 little ones)!

5. grammao February 22, 2013 at 16:05 #

next dinner party menu is set. Thank you very much.